• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is not detecting pen pressure sensitivity.

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with a Surface Pen. I've installed drivers from the Microsoft website. The pen pressure settings work under the "Surface" app where I can check pen pressure and sensitivity. I've already tried this https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/pen-pressure-issues/td-p/6211904?page=1 website which does not help. I was told to try this even though it says for a wacom which I'm not using, I've since deleted the file it asked me to create. I have both Photoshop 2020 and CS6 and both give the same error. "Control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can be a little wonky sometimes with pen pressure sensitivity. Usually it's a case of launching Photoshop with the pen or futzing around with the settings in the Brush Settings panel. (e.g., Switching back and forth from one setting to another, like Shape Settings to Scattering and back.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work. Still doesn't detect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know any way to fix the error besides that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Researching this a bit further, it appears this might need to be installed in order for the Surface to get pressure sensitivity in Photoshop? (Which is odd to me, but you know how it usually is in the tech world.)  xD

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will this work? I am not using any Wacom tablet. Everything I have is Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it via this Windows Central article from 2014:

https://www.windowscentral.com/photoshop-surface-pro-experience

They mention in the article that to get pressure sensitivity in Photoshop with a Surface Pro, this particular software has to be installed. I'm not sure how or why that would help (does the Surface Pro use Wacom's tech? I don't know) but it could be worth a shot if nothing else works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines