Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is not recognizing my Graphics Card

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated 22.3.1

It won't let me check "Use Graphics Processor" in settings saying "photoshop detected an error in your display driver"

MacBook Pro 2019 (up to date)

Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 16 4 GB

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Any resolution to this?

All other Adobe apps are working and my computer is up to date and everything

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Carly.  There are known issues with v22.3 and v22.3.1 around GPU usage.  we have to either roll back or wait for an update.  It is incredibly frustrating I know — I made one of my first ever rants yesterday after many years on this forum, because I was unable to use the pen tool. Grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple fixed my problem!! Here was my computers solution

System Preferences>Battery>Battery>Automatic Graphics Switching (uncheck/turn off)

Same under System Preferences>Battery>Power Adapter>Automatic Graphics Switching (uncheck/turn off)

I hope this fixes your issue too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same.  I was able to roll back to 22.2 after others suggested rolling back.  Most things working now.  I had the same rant response but really the only thing to do is roll back and voice the issue so they know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with a surface book 2, in both the tablet mode (Intel graphics) and connected to the base (Nvidia graphics card).  

I've set the graphics card selection to be specific so it shouldn't switch, it seems like every other time I open the program it detects it. Any suggestions to correct this would be helpful, roll back the version of PS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai eu le même problème, voila la réponse qui m'a été donnée :

Try resetting preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

If that doesn't work, install the previous version (which users are having success with):

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Chez moi le reset des préférences a fonctionné

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines