• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom to Photoshop problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open Photoshop CC as a stand alone, I can edit away without issue. If I open Lightroom and want to edit an image in Photoshop, when photoshop opens, almost all the editing tools, layers, etc are greyed out. What is happening? I have uninstalled and re-installed both applications, nothing seems to make a difference? Help please..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

This is a known bug in the latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop.  The workaround is as you found out is to open Photoshop first.  Adobe is aware of the issue. It appears to be a Windows only problem as my Mac and other Mac users report is works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in the latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop.  The workaround is as you found out is to open Photoshop first.  Adobe is aware of the issue. It appears to be a Windows only problem as my Mac and other Mac users report is works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Somrak wrote

Right, seems to only affect Windows users AFAIK, no issues on my Mac's running Mojave.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply. If Adobe are aware of it, hopefully they will solve it shortly. Thanks Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply. If Adobe are aware of it, hopefully they will solve it shortly. Thanks Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason Photoshop no longer is synced/linked up with Lightroom. When i try to do additional edits to images from lightroom in photoshop i'm unable to the link is all greyed out. I can open up photoshop just unable to do anything with images i have in lightroom. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both lightroom and photoshop a couple times to no avail. I was able to just fine one day and the next morning i couldn't can anyone assist? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the CC app, uninstall both (keep references). Install Photoshop then LR. That usually does the trick. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines