• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is taking long time to save files

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be taking a really long time for Photoshop to finish saving a photo with actions applied. It never used to take more than a few seconds to save, but recently it is taking several minutes or longer to save back to Lightroom and gets stuck at like 98% saved. Would it be best to just re-install photoshop?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about long saving times of Photoshop, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working with?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps with the issue? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Photoshop CC 2019

I tried resetting preferences. Still having the same issue.

I re-installed Photoshop, did not help.

I pull in a photo from Lightroom. Add some actions and minor 'fixes' and then save the file to pop back over to Lightroom. It saves quickly all the way up until 98% saved. Then it gets stuck there for like 10 minutes or more.

Super frustrating and slowing me up on finishing my sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. It started a couple of weeks ago out of nowhere. I have not changed anything in my workflow. Most of the time I have to "Force Quit" Photoshop and then restart my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here. It went very fast till one of the last updates. I'm running the latest releases on Lightroom and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving to specifically? Local HD, external, network etc?

What OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.15.7

Opening with cmd+e from Lightroom to Photoshop. Doing some retouching and after with cmd+s saving back to Lightroom. It used to take secons, but after latest updates it takes several minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your LR catalog stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom catalog is stored on my internal SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I figured it out. I am running MacOs and I was saving the files to an external that I shared with a Windows PC. So the external was formatted to Fat32 so it could be used on both. When i formatted the external to Journaled(MacOS), my files were able to save perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a known issue with Catalina and Mojave OS. Mac started upping the security restrictions and it buggered external drives that were not Mac formatted. Glad you were able to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines