• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is trying to load linked file from OneDrive - Help

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone can help me on this weird nut.

My linked smart objects won't refresh because photoshop assumes that the file is to be found in my OneDrive folders. This is simply not the case. Even when I set the directory again to my "real" desktop, photoshop will somehow assume/not forget that I must have meant my Onedrive Desktop Folder. (I both tried: "Replace Object" and "Link again" [german photoshop version, the actual terms might be slighly different] but the path outsmarts me and won't actually apply to what I select.)

one drive path.PNG
Details: Although the path is shown in the wrong place, after relinking, the file will actually work until I close photoshop. I run Photoshop 22.4.1 with a paid subscription on Windows 10. 
I am not actually using my OneDrive and will delete or deinstall it when I can and itis not up to date with my files.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you relink the SO to the file on the Desktop and then »Embed Linked« does that work out? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedding works but is not a solution in this case. I have a background that I need to exchange in 106 files multiple times, to produce 424 files alltogether.

I just tired to relink>embed>convert to linked but it will still build the OneDrive-path in the directory.

I will try to restore preferences, butI fear I had this problem for years and avoided it. I will keep you up to date.

Thanks for answering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about using a non-desktop folder? 

Could there be any issue with your user name? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines