Highlighted

photoshop issue with crop and straighten function

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: I've been using photoshop this year to scan and archive hundreds of photos.  I'll place about 3 or 5 photos on my scanner at a given time. Once its scanned in photoshop, I've been using the AUTOMATE-CROP AND STRAIGHTEN function, for it to automatically separate the multiple photos into different projects/tabs.  For the most part, it's always been about 80% successful at doing so.  I haven't been on photoshop in about 2 to 3 months to work on it any longer. Today I started back working on these.  Now, the function screws up the crop and straighten every time and is useless.  Not sure what's happened. I'm having to marqee each image separately now and copy and paste into a new document to work and that's a lot more work and time, especially when doing this many photos.  Anyone know what's happened with the effectiveness of this function?  Is it an update bug?  Help please.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photoshop issue with crop and straighten function

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: I've been using photoshop this year to scan and archive hundreds of photos.  I'll place about 3 or 5 photos on my scanner at a given time. Once its scanned in photoshop, I've been using the AUTOMATE-CROP AND STRAIGHTEN function, for it to automatically separate the multiple photos into different projects/tabs.  For the most part, it's always been about 80% successful at doing so.  I haven't been on photoshop in about 2 to 3 months to work on it any longer. Today I started back working on these.  Now, the function screws up the crop and straighten every time and is useless.  Not sure what's happened. I'm having to marqee each image separately now and copy and paste into a new document to work and that's a lot more work and time, especially when doing this many photos.  Anyone know what's happened with the effectiveness of this function?  Is it an update bug?  Help please.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, So I hadn't used it real recently. but yes, I do think that it isn't just you! I tried the AUTOMATE-CROP on a photo and it went really wonky. all the crops were really erratic. it was a super simple photo too with just a butterfly and the green grass in the background. I tried it on one with a canyon and it did as expected. must be a bug with the new update.  🤔 sorry, this isn't much help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0