• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop just won't start!

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I haven't had any problems, but Photoshop just doesn't start for a few days.

It will show up in Task Manager, but nothing else will happen.

I recently installed an older version, started it in compatibility mode and as admin. That worked for a day. The next day this did not work either.

Please help!

My system:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.79 GHz

64.0 GB of RAM

Geforce RTX 2080 Super

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If that doesn't help try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop still doesn't start, so i cant get access to the preferences.

I tried the CC-Cleaner-Tool, but no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i tried the following things already:

- CC Cleaner Tool

- Re-install Photoshop a few times 

- tried to install different "older" versions

- deleted all temp files (appdata)

Any other suggestions?
I'm really confused, cause it worked for month on this computer.

i kinda wanna avoid to deinstall the whole cc-suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Photoshop still doesn't start, so i cant get access to the preferences"

The preferences file can be found in this location, just delete the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Prefs file

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings

2021-05-31 16_27_49-Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This folder is already empty 😞

empty_settings.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know why and how...but after i almost bought Affinity Designer (cause work has to be done!)  i just tried to open Photoshop again.

And now it works!

Let's see how long..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm curious if Photoshop ever started working? Did Adobe ever support you?

I've never had problems in 20+ years with getting Adobe software to simply startup and run. Suddenly with the M1 Mac, Photoshop will not even start up, it loads the interface and then just beachballs. I've reinstalled it to no avail. Assigning scratch disks does not help. I'm so fed up with Adobe, their chat support is completely useless. I had to use GNU (Gimp) to complete my work on time today, unbelievable... but as a paying customer of Adobe I would hope for some decent support. It's amazing that freeware and cheapware like Affinity Designer is now so much more reliable than Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem. Even with the newest update.

The new workaround is:
1. Open the adobe folder inside of my appdata and delete the photoshop folders!

2. Restart the pc.

3. Photoshop works again, until you close it and try to start it a second time.

4. Repeat 1 and 2, if you wanna work with photoshop again.

Figured that out by myself. No support from Adobe til now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm glad you are at least able to get it running! Unfortunately deleting the PS app data does not stop Photoshop 2022 from freezing on startup on the M1 Mac. The person on Adobe chat support said they would escalate the issue and their manager would call me... but no responses since yesterday. Unbelieveable! I can't believe this isn't happening to any other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again... without any reason (no system-changes, no updates of any other software, no new software/plugins, etc. ... ), photoshop doesnt wants to start.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need help. 

My current status is, that i need to reinstall photoshop to make it start ONE time. After an restart it doesnt start at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would suggest to do the Manual reset as explained in the link, and then zip the "exported" preferences folder, then post it here, so that the Ps team could have a look at it.

Something prevents Photoshop to properly close and write its preferences. Does it have the correct permissions? Any special character in the path? Default install location? Overzealous anti-virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for over a year on my system. Cause its only a year old. I changed nothing.  Nothing. Any other Adobe Application works fine.
My last option would be a total reinstallation of my system, but this isnt possible at this time.
And i deleted the pref file, like Manuel suggested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant to say that if the problem reoccurs, please ZIP your corrupted preference folder, and attach it here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines