• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keep restarting my computer.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a i9 9900K CPU 3.6ghz with 64 Gb RAM and two RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards. 
I use Photoshop a lot. 
Version 20.X worked smoothly, no problems. From version 21 to 22 it keeps restarting my computer whenever I try to save anything anywhere. I thought my hardware had an issue, but i rolled back and installed the 20 version (which is not available anymore) which perform without any bugs.
So, what should I do? I ran every check possible on hardware, no problems. the version that worked is no longer available. Should I switch to pirated version to to my job? :))

Every other app from Adobe or other parties work with no errors. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the you have the latest Device driver for you machine display's Adapter install and the its gpu is supported seen in Photoshop Preferences performance section.

NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER

Version: 457.30
Release Date: 2020.11.17
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Language: English (US)
File Size: 617.86 MB

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. the video adapter drivers are all good. latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were many issue in version 21.  However, most issues were address. Version 21.2.4 runs well on PC and Mac machines. However, there may be problem on some machine for the are so many variation in hardware and software installed in machines. All problems are not caused by Adobe's software.

Photoshop 2021 version 22 has many issues Adobe posted a list of some of them.  22 is not ready for use.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I understand what are you saying, but... what should I do if version 20 was all good and it worked fine for about a year, with no issues and version 21 and 22 on the same machine keeps restarting my copmuter? :))

of course it's not Adobe's problems. the same thing. when i save a document BAM restart. it's frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Computer restarts most likely are related to Operating system, or devices driver or hardware failures. Than any application failures. Operating system are usually very good at preventing application from accidentally restarting your system due to programming errors for they run application with lower authority hardware prevent them from being able to execute some machine code required to boot your machine. So Programming errors should not be able to boot your system your system. Your operating system will get control  if there is a programming error that would boot your system. 

Operating system and device driver code is run with higher authority and can boot you system.  Hardware errors  can cause reboots.  A simple memory error can cause your OS to fail. For that reason servers use ECC ram the catch memory errors before they cause problems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines