Highlighted

Photoshop keeps causing my Mac to restart - help!

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

As of two weeks ago, I upgraded to a Imac that now has the latest OS 10.15.6 Catalina on it. As soon as I started to use photoshop, I found that it puts the Mac into a kernel panic and restarts. It doesn't happen right away, but sometimes it can take a few hours and I'll be in a project and the Mac will automatically start. I have the latest version of Adobe Photoshop version 21.2.2 so everything is updated.

Here are my mac specs:

iMac 5K Retina, 27-inch, 2019

3.1GRz 6-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

Apple support made me reinstall the O.S. in hopes of fixing the problem but that didn't seem to do anything.

I have 64gb of Ram expected to arrive in a week or so and I was hoping to install that in my computer as well.

Anybody else having this issue? Any recommendations to help stop it?

Thanks!

-Chelsea

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop keeps causing my Mac to restart - help!

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

As of two weeks ago, I upgraded to a Imac that now has the latest OS 10.15.6 Catalina on it. As soon as I started to use photoshop, I found that it puts the Mac into a kernel panic and restarts. It doesn't happen right away, but sometimes it can take a few hours and I'll be in a project and the Mac will automatically start. I have the latest version of Adobe Photoshop version 21.2.2 so everything is updated.

Here are my mac specs:

iMac 5K Retina, 27-inch, 2019

3.1GRz 6-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

Apple support made me reinstall the O.S. in hopes of fixing the problem but that didn't seem to do anything.

I have 64gb of Ram expected to arrive in a week or so and I was hoping to install that in my computer as well.

Anybody else having this issue? Any recommendations to help stop it?

Thanks!

-Chelsea

Topics

Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry about that

1st: Reset the preferences, here the instructions

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

2nd: Go to the creative cloud app and click on the 3 dots next to Photoshop app to see more options and select other versions

you can install a previous version of Photoshop and maybe that will work, sometimes there are bugs and you have to update the system

Let me know if that works

Regards

Eugenio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines