Highlighted

Photoshop Keeps Closing when printing

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print, Photoshop will randomly close. If I reopen it and change the preferences to reset on quit it, then close and reopen it, it will work. I can't change my settings to what I need it to be because it will cause it to close when I go to print. This has happened many times over the last 2 weeks. Is there a way to fix this so that it will stop? It is very frustrating especially when it doesn't recover every file or the complete file that I've been working on. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Keeps Closing when printing

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print, Photoshop will randomly close. If I reopen it and change the preferences to reset on quit it, then close and reopen it, it will work. I can't change my settings to what I need it to be because it will cause it to close when I go to print. This has happened many times over the last 2 weeks. Is there a way to fix this so that it will stop? It is very frustrating especially when it doesn't recover every file or the complete file that I've been working on. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20201114-114235_Chrome.jpg

 This is the info on my laptop.  It is a Lenovo and brand new. I had this issue with my old HP laptop as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC and it is updated to the latest version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you had this issue with your previous computer, do you think it might be a printer problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because I print to multiple printers. It doesn't let me get far enough to choose which printer. When I click print it just automatically closes the program. It doesn't do it every single time but enough to be a pain. When I reopen photoshop,  if I go into preferences from the edit menu and click reset preferences when I quit it will work. But it only fixes it for a short time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0