• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Keeps Closing

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.0.0 - I just updated to this version and it keeps periodically closing down without notice! How can I prevent this from occuring? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are so sorry to hear that you are having this problem. The engineers are working to solve it. Here is a help doc that will give you some specific things to look for and suggested work arounds to help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles\

Let us know if this fixes it or if you are still having the same issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed the issues in the link you provided. None are associated with the issue I am having. Photoshop closes without reason. This is a problem as I use Photoshop everyday and I need it to stay open. Should I revert to the prior version of Photoshop? Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that it didn't help. Yes--I would recommend that you go back to the previous version until the issue is fixed. If toy can submit a bug report on this issue, it would help the engineers know what to look for and work on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I will do that, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? What device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Several people on Windows 10 are having the same problem. Did you try turning off your Graphics Processor Card?

Here is a link to a thread that might help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-to-fix-the-operation-could-not-be-carried-out-because-a...

Let us know if it fixes the issue or if you are still having the same problem.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue of the closing on it's own with both Photoshop and Illustrator along with a few other unstablity issues like unable to save, crashes and corrupted recovery files. I tried turning off the GPU and reverting to earlier versions of the the programmes nothing has worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines