• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Keeps Intermittently Recognizing and NOT Recognizing my Graphics Card

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject line suggests, one time I'll open Photoshop and it will recognize my graphics card and, then, the next time I open Photoshop, it WON'T recognize my graphics card. And, when I go into the "Performance" tab, it won't let me set "Use Graphics Processor" and, when I hover over that area with my mouse, it says "Photoshop detected an error in your display driver. Update or reinstall the driver and check Use Graphics Processor to retry". However, I have the latest driver and in the "Properties" tab it says the graphics cards is working properly. Also, when Photoshop recognizes my graphics card, if I go to "System Info" in Photoshop under "Help", it says that I have 520 MB of VRAM and it says that it requires 1,500 MB of VRAM. But, in my "Properties" tab, it says I have 4282 MB Total Available Graphics Memory, 512 MB of Dedicated Video Memory, 0 MB of System Video Memory and 3770 MB of Shared System Memory. Now, at first I thought Photoshop was counting the Dedicated Video Memory as the VRAM, since the 520 VRAM that Photoshop reports is close to the 512 MB my "Properties" says is allocated for Dedicated Video Memory. However, I have another computer which only has 128 MB allocated for Dedicated Video Memory but Photoshop reports the VRAM as being 3,297 MB. So, I'm not particulary sure what it is Photoshop is reporting as my VRAM. Lastly, in the "System Info" window, it says that the GPU Sniffer crashed, at first, on 4/18/2021. Now, it says it crashed on 4/28/2021. (P.S. I also keep getting different "sniffer-out.txt" files. I've got "sniffer-out.txt", "sniffer-out.txt1", "sniffer-out.txt2", "sniffer-out.txt3" and "sniffer-out.txt4" files. Seems weird too me for it to keep creating new files instead of just rewriting over the original sniffer-out.txt file each time Photoshop is opened.)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've written a long post, but left ouit the most important aspect: Actual system info. Sorry, but this is of no use to anyone.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of system info would be necessary? It's an HP Pavilion Notebook 15-eh0050wm. It has an AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1636) and 8GB of installed RAM. In the "About" section of Windows under "System", it says the Processor is AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics 2.38 GHz. If there's any other information which you might believe would be helpful, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines