Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps lingering imprint of deleted edit

Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have updated MacOS from Mojave to Catalina about a week ago and since then photoshop is not performing as it should be. The problem is next.

Say I am working on an image and have have created couple of layers and then created some edits by using some of the adjustment tools. Now what happens is that, on the layers panel, if I turn off an edit created by the last adjutment tool i used (by clicking off its eyeball) or delete that adjustment tool alltogther, what happens is that the imprint of its edit lingers and doesnt goes away, it deminishes only very slightly as if I decreased its opacity from 100 to 90. The only way to remove that edit (or the copy or the impression of that edit) is to turn of any other adjustment tool, or layer or the stamp layer.

Now I have reset the photoshop, and have uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop but that didnt help. 

I have the very latest version of Photoshop and work on Macbook Pro, 1tb SSD and 16 gigs of ram.

Does anyone know what maybe the problem here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the imprint being left behind in Photoshop. Could you please try disabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the imprint being left behind in Photoshop. Could you please try disabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

I have just followed up on what you advised and it seems that problem is gone. I will be using photoshop more in the coming days, I will come back here to report more on its operation regarding this problem.

Thanks mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines