• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop keeps resetting my keyboard shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just like the title says. whenever i update the programme/reopen it, my keyboard shortcuts and other preferences get reset. i've tried saving over the default shortcuts, making my own separately named shortcut list, etc, and yet my shortcuts keep getting overridden every time i reopen the programme. i make sure that i save my settings every time i adjust my preferences so it can't be that i just "forgot", and it's impossible that i'm forgetting to save my preferences every time i use photoshop when i use it almost daily. it's very annoying to re-do all my preferences whether i want to doodle or do my homework. and it's not reasonable to keep photoshop open forever because having it open in the background while i'm using other heavy programmes like maya or unity makes my laptop turn into the sun. if anyone has advice to prevent this from happening again or any reasons why this is even happening, please let me know. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you switch between Workspaces?  Some workspace may be changing your shortcuts.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not at all. my custom workspaces just reset to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @rabuka ,

Most often when we see this, it is due to a Permissions issue on the Preferences folder.

If it's a work computer, you may have to get assistance from IT. If it's personal and you need more assistance, give us your OS and version.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines