Highlighted

Photoshop lag with Cintiq Pro 24

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Photoshop CC 20.0.0 with a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, and am finding that the photoshop lag/redraw rate is unusable. If I open a simple document space and begin to make marks at anything like my actual drawing drawing speed, then the marks 'appear' up to a half second after my stroke, rather than draw during the stroke. For me this makes it unusable. The marks only follow the pen in realtime if I move deliberately slowly, at what I would consider an 'inking' speed rather than 'pencil' speed. Additionally, if I am very bold in my moves then the document space will as likely as not flash/flicker black as though Photoshop is struggling to keep up with the refresh.

Originally I though it was a hardware issue with the Cintiq but since I've realised the flashing only occurs within the document space I've concluded it must be a Photoshop issue.

No, it isn't to do with the new brush smoothing, I have that turned down.

No, it doesn't improve any if I change my brush cursors to 'precise' (which I don't want to do anyway)

Mac Pro 5,1 running High Sierra 10.13.6, 128GB Memory, Nvidia GTX Titan XP, all Adobe software and drivers up to date (2019)

It actually also flashes when I'm not even in Photoshop but just have it open, but I mostly associate the flicker with trying to 'push' the software (ie use it really basically).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop lag with Cintiq Pro 24

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Photoshop CC 20.0.0 with a Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, and am finding that the photoshop lag/redraw rate is unusable. If I open a simple document space and begin to make marks at anything like my actual drawing drawing speed, then the marks 'appear' up to a half second after my stroke, rather than draw during the stroke. For me this makes it unusable. The marks only follow the pen in realtime if I move deliberately slowly, at what I would consider an 'inking' speed rather than 'pencil' speed. Additionally, if I am very bold in my moves then the document space will as likely as not flash/flicker black as though Photoshop is struggling to keep up with the refresh.

Originally I though it was a hardware issue with the Cintiq but since I've realised the flashing only occurs within the document space I've concluded it must be a Photoshop issue.

No, it isn't to do with the new brush smoothing, I have that turned down.

No, it doesn't improve any if I change my brush cursors to 'precise' (which I don't want to do anyway)

Mac Pro 5,1 running High Sierra 10.13.6, 128GB Memory, Nvidia GTX Titan XP, all Adobe software and drivers up to date (2019)

It actually also flashes when I'm not even in Photoshop but just have it open, but I mostly associate the flicker with trying to 'push' the software (ie use it really basically).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues down to a "T". I've decided to use other programs for my drawing and even inking sometimes. After everything is good I switch over to PS for painting and effects. Even then I use selection tools to paint just to avoid the brush lag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, and I gotta say, I won't be purchasing any Adobe products if this is the level of quality they're putting into their products. Glad I got the free trial first. Company I work for is in the process of ending their subscription for our 50-something workers because it's just that unusable. Been using Clip Studio Paint for a few days and it's fantastic, no lag at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines