• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop latest update crashes when loading Neural Filters

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update to Photoshop yesterday and most things seemed to work except the Colorize filter in the Neural Filters. Today when I try to open the Neural Filters panel Photoshop crashes partway through the download. This has happened 4 times - constant restarts do not solve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

In my case, after further investigation, seems to be related to the photo which I have opened when I switch to Neural Filters. If the photo has more than four faces identified as the filters load (boxes appear around the faces in the photo) then it crashes, Four or fewer faces and they open and appear to work quite well. No faces, no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dito

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here , Neural filters will not load. I have restarted PS several times, and still n Neural Fliters. The panelcmes out ang the circle that redas loading.... its a pain, it mever loads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bobpu Here is the official solution from Adobe:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, after further investigation, seems to be related to the photo which I have opened when I switch to Neural Filters. If the photo has more than four faces identified as the filters load (boxes appear around the faces in the photo) then it crashes, Four or fewer faces and they open and appear to work quite well. No faces, no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are on to something.  When I loaded a simpler image, the filters loaded easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with colorize filter, I tested around 20 images and realised that some images I had taken for testing off Google Images are brought into PS as greyscale, those are the ones that crash that filter, by bringing in those, going to mode, change to RGB, then running colorize stopped the crash and it works as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry hit post to fast. It didn't work for me. I know do not see the neutral filters nor the other one that installed with version 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the suggestion again, it worked this time and downloaded filters and then proceeded to crashed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this is posting under your post @bobpu - sorry bout that.

Anyway, I deleted the suggested folder again (4th time) and the filter (at this moment) seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the image to RGB doesn't help.  It doesn't matter what the number of faces are.  Some pictures work others don't.  When I start Neural Filters with certain photos the load spins for awhile and then Photoshop closes completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines