Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP launch problems

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear Photoshop community members, 
i all of a sudden can no longer launch my Photoshop cc 2014.
I work on a mac os catalina - version 10.15.7 
Webbrowser Safari

I have checked my membership, payments, ... they are OK and credit card also still valid till 2022.

Does anybody know what could be the reason of the problem/change.

I can still open Lightroom, but in this program i also get an error message when i want to open photoshop via the button 'ontwikkelaar' (developer) - see screenshots.

Thanks for helping out.
JeanSchermafbeelding 2021-04-10 om 09.40.09.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-04-10 om 09.34.02.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using such an old and now unsupported version? Adobe asked all CC users to update to 2018 or later.  If you have a valid subscription then use the desktop app to update.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. 
Well i am not really a computer man and not good at english (dutch native), i only use PS to work on my photos a little (frames, contrasts, ...)
I have tried to update via the desktop app (see screenshot), but i still cannot open it when double clicking.
My nephew had installed the catalina mac version, so i thought this would have solved the CC update as well, obviously not.
I guess as a real pc dummy, i am still missing out something crucial i guess. 
No idea what i have to do / can do next to solve my problem.

Could you/anybody give advice.

Thanks in advance for helping out.
Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your installation may be corrupt. I would uninstall the applications , then start again by downloading and installing the Adobe Creative Cloud  desktop application. Then once that is installed , install the other applications from within that desktop application.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for getting back to me again.
I will together with my younger nephew give it a try in the next days as you suggested.
Very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how you get on and if you get stuck, just ask here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the offer, therefore i feel free to get in touch with you again, since my nephew not being familiar with this program, he would like to be sure, he is not creating more troubles.

Fyi:
- i have/i pay a monthly membership to use lightroom and photoshop - see screenshot (dutch)
- the payment of March last 2021 was properly processed
- i have my account log in data 

What is best we do :
- uninstall the photoshop version - see screenshot 
if so, how to proceed next to reinstall

- uninstall adobe creative cloud - see screenshot
is so, how to proceed next to reinstall

apologies for the very dummy questions
thanks a lot in advance for reverting if that suits 

Jean 
and nephew who is trying to help me out at distance for now due to covid reglementations in Belgium

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-10 om 11.02.20.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-04-11 om 10.28.46.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-04-11 om 10.47.20.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-04-11 om 10.02.01.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-04-11 om 10.29.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines