Photoshop Layers disappear

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a file that has many layers, named, grouped, and colored each group differently; Saved it as JPEG, saved the whole file then closed it.
Opened it again 20 min later... the layers are GONE, most of them. I have left a few useless ones colored with the colors of the groups that they were in.

How can a few layers get deleted from the group and others stay?

How can that happen!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Layers disappear

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a file that has many layers, named, grouped, and colored each group differently; Saved it as JPEG, saved the whole file then closed it.
Opened it again 20 min later... the layers are GONE, most of them. I have left a few useless ones colored with the colors of the groups that they were in.

How can a few layers get deleted from the group and others stay?

How can that happen!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Saved as jpeg'- jpeg does not support layers. Keep jpeg for exporting a copy to send elsewhere.

Save your file as TIFF, PSD, or PSB and make sure layers is ticked in the save dialogue.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I think you misunderstood me, I know jpg doesn't support layers I've been doing this for more than 12 years...
I was talking about the PSD file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the PSD file that had colored group, the layers that were colored inside the groups have disappeared, only a few left   like 7 in total from the whole file (they still have the colors of the groups that they were in)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0