Photoshop Layers Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the weekend, my photoshop stopped working properly. It worked fine on Saturday but when I started it up on Sunday the appearance was different, layout was different and all my brushes were gone.My layers panel also stopped working. I spent many hours on chat while an agent attempted to fix it. Did this person know what he was doing? Apparently not. I told him that all my brushes disappeared and the layer panels of color burn, color dodge - all of them, simply don't work.  He turned off my photoshop and reinstalled an older version. Then blamed it on my iMac operating system - saying it needed to be updated.  I planned on doing that this weekend, but in the meantime I got a brand new PC for work and so I downloaded photoshop onto it in hopes of working while I got my imac updated. The PHOTOSHOP STILL DOESN'T WORK.

Is it possible to get support staff who actually know what to do rather than rattle around your computer for hours and nothing changes? Two different types, ages of computers, same problem. Well I can't wait for the weekend and spend HOURS online while some other adobe guru pretends to know what he's doing. Really really frustrated. 

On both computers, I'm on the same account - is it corrupted? Is there anyone who has a high level of knowledge that can actually fix my account?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

»I told him that all my brushes disappeared«
That can happen if preferences files get corrupted or when permissions issues exist. 
If you never saved your custom brushes consider it a learning experience, if you actually saved the abr-files at some point they should still be around. (Unless you saved them into the proper Presets-folders and the whole application was uninstalled, I guess …)

»the layer panels of color burn, color dodge - all of them, simply don't work. «
Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible to illustrate what you mean? 
The Layers Panel is there but the Blend Modes don’t work as expected? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I posted it because they DO drop by. 🙂

When the wheels get bogged down in the mud, sometimes you need to grease them a little bit.

Thanks just the same.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elaborate on the Layers problem. 

The place for Photoshop Bug Repports is 

Photoshop Family

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines