• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Layers panel keeps hiding unexpectedly

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have my layers palette visible. Since updating to the current version of PS, every time I close the program and reopen it, the layers palette is gone. I have to click F7 or go to Window and select layers for it to be visible.  is this a bug or is there a way to have the layers palette visible by default like it used to be?

thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that the Layers panel is hiding from its usual place in Photoshop 2020 v21.3. 

Does the problem occurs while working on a specific document? Have you tried using a different workspace in Photoshop?

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D 

Thanks,

Akashh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem across many different image files. Very frustrating. I've tried a whole lot of different workspaces with no joy. Now my familiar workspace is gone and even if I set it up again, I'm sure Photoshop will just bin it for me again. We all need to use the Adobe suite to produce work. I do get quite tired of having to fiddle with software which was working in a familiar, predictable way the day before. It's becoming an unpredictable suite, which is worrying. Just discovered that the free 2019 Acrobat Reader was displaying gremlins with any effects (glows and drop shadows) which had been applied. Clients were seeing random splotches of contrasting colour in areas of subtle shading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines