• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP-Lightning effects settings not working inside of lightning effects interface

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have a problem with the lightning effect in  PS where if I wanna add lightning effects to a layer it takes me to the lightning effects interface but I can't see the light or the lightning effect circle setting where I can adjust the radius or brightness etc. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

In v22.4 you need to go to Preferences - Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then press OK and close and restart Photoshop. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening as Lightning Effects in Photoshop is not working, let's make it right.

Which exact version of Photoshop are you using and what is your computer's OS?

Hold down the Alt key in the Lighting effects dialog and you will see the Cancel button change to Reset. Click on Reset and restart Photoshop for good measure.

If that does not help, would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I tried everything, still not working. I'm using version 22.4.1 and windows 10 home version 10.0.19042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i downloaded an older version and still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In v22.4 you need to go to Preferences - Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then press OK and close and restart Photoshop. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I have another problem, i recently updated my CC and for some reason I now have 2  of the same program, could you please take a look at it, thanks. I uploaded a SS.

Sarwat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update, the CC app gives you the choice to keep or delete older versions. Many keep the older version installed until they have tested the newer version and ensured it does not cause any issues in their particular workflow.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked and solved my problem with Lighting Effects at 23.1.1 release. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines