Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Liquify doesn't work on CMYK images

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

I'm trying to understand why Liquify wont work on CMYK images...???

I'm on iMac PRO with HighSierra running and the Photoshop is up to date...

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Andrea 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

Some operations in Photoshop only work in a specific color mode or bit depth. Many filters, including Filter Gallery and Liquify, do not workin CMYK.

In general, all processing in Photoshop performs better with higher color fidelity in RGB. CMYK conversion should be done as a very last step after other editing and adjustments have been made.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in photography since looooooooong time and never had any issues with CMYK images until now... For me it's something with graphic card GPU of the iMac PRO! Or maybe in combination with High Sierra! On my MacBookPro which is on Mojave I can use liquify in CMYK...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am able to convert a rgb to cmyk and still use liquify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a workaround you may enjoy.

• Open your CMYK file. Select your layer(s) and convert them to a Smart Object;
  • Double-click the smart object's thumbnail to open it for editing;
  • Convert the Smart Object to RGB, and work as desired with all of the magic Photoshop has to offer;
  • When done, save and close the Smart Object;
  • Save and close your CMYK file as a PSD.

Hope that helps.

p.s.

For best results make sure that your color profiles are all set for your usual working conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tony! I don't want to go back and forth between profiles and it is something that worked before and still works on my latest MacBook Pro so I think it's a mix of graphic card OS and Photoshop compatibility's that doesn't work for me for the moment... As I replayed to Sahil it had worked since Liquify exists and it still works but not on my iMac PRO...;-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the workaround the problem! It works if you select the whole image!!!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liquify should work on CMYK images. I used to marque a seleciton prior to running liquifty, as the filter ran quicker and was zoomed in on the area you wanted to modify. There seems to be a bug with this so I stopped using marquee.

Can we please see your settings, especially your backdrop.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.18.19 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines