• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop looks pixelated for some reason now.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used the program at all over the weekend, so I don't know exactly when this happened. I opened the program and I was immediately prompted with a message saying something about how photoshop might look worse. I closed it without reading it too closely because I didn't understand what it meant until I opened the file and everything was so much more pixelated for some reason. I didn't do anything to make this happen. I didn't even open the file over the weekend. I have paint tool sai on my computer as well, so I opened it up to compare and it was perfectly normal. It looked how photoshop should be looking. I wish I could see that warning pop-up again, but I have no idea how to make it appear. Can anyone help me out?

My computer is an HP Envy m7 Notebook with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90GHz Processor, and I'm running windows 10 in case that information helps.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just made a post about it and saw your post! This is bothering me so much I've been searching all day on how to solve it. The brush strokes are specially pixelated. Which version of PS are you using? Mine is Photoshop CC 2020 21.2.4, I thought it might be from the update I made this weekend, but I don't know. However, the pop up did not appear to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used photoshop version 21.2.4. When I tried fixing the issue, I saw that version 22.0 was out for photoshop, so I updated to the new one in hopes that the issue would be fixed, but it didn't work. I also didn't update photoshop between the last time that I used it and the time where the pixelation issue started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually found a solution. I contacted adobe support and the guy reset my photoshop preferences somehow. I don't know exactly what setting was wonky, but when he did that, the pixelation went away. I'm not very tech savvy, so I can't walk you through the process, but I can give you some advice. If you plan on doing this fix, keep in mind that you'll lose any settings/imports that you've set up. In order to not lose my whole brush library, I had to export all my brushes to my desktop and then import them back into photoshop after the reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines