• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lost photoshop pdf option when saving

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have updated my photoshop and I have lost the option of saving as photoshop pdf.does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html 

Please read the post on Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

JJ that is inaccurate and you know it.

Here is an article which describes what happened.

https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the post on Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made changes to Photoshop UI and how Photoshop UI operation are hanled.  Photoshop no longer has the UI you have become use to.  You need to deal with Photoshop's changes Photoshop UI operation have been been changed by Adobe in some ways. Save AS UI and operation has been been replace and a new UI feature added "Save a Copy"   Some Photoshop operations has been altered.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack to be clear, this was Apple's doing changing the save APIs. Unfortunately I expect a lot more changes for other applications as well who relied on this API for decades to build a compatible save function. This had nothing to do with the User Interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Apple sent coders over to Adobe shop and Apple programmers changed Photoshop.  That a good one I don't buy that at all.   It all  about  Adobe Photoshop  changed User Interface.  Photoshop Scripting Document savsAs method still work well for me so I can work arount this new user Save As interface.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ that is inaccurate and you know it.

Here is an article which describes what happened.

https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this information !! Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly Adobe is pushing a macOS 10.1.5 issue to all Photoshop users  PC and Mac users that use Apple  OS version prior to macOS 10.1.5.  User want to be able to replace their old jpeg files.  This change  requires additional processing to accomplish what was a simple "Save As".

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe made the decision to keep the versions mirrored so users can move between Windows and Mac with the same UI. You can shout at the sky, but it won't change the fact that Apple made a major change (one of several recently) that affects developers and users in a negative way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why did Adobe follow Apple lead and change Photoshop to  affect all desktop Photoshop users in a negative way.  Adobe has its hand full trying to develop Photoshop 2021 to support Apple's Metal and Microsoft/s Direct X.  Will Photoshop 2021 ever be ready for general use. Mac users do not want the Apple macOS 10.1.5 change.  Adobe should have finished developing Photoshop 2021 first.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe had not implemented the change the Save function would have ceased to work altogether on Mac. 

It's negative now because its muscle memory. I've already adapted to the new Save As workflow and it makes sense - if I'm changing the format to a flattened/destructive format I use Save As a Copy. 

What would you recommend? 

• A version of Photoshop for Mac OS 10.14 and older
  • A version of Photoshop for Windows users
  • A version of Photoshop for Mac OS 10.15 and newer

This is all hypothetical because the change has been made. You can spend time complaining or try to learn the new workflow and see if it can work for you. If it's a complete failure for you and does not work, try staying on a previous version. The choice is yours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did Adobe not do better than  Apple and create a Save a Version,  On Windows with Save a Copy I can remove the  " copy" in the dialog and write the File without the copy suffix.  If I leave the " copy" in the dialog I can confirm the Save as to overwrite  an existing copy however, recorded in an action Photoshop overwrites an existing copy without confirmation.   I do not know how that would play out on a macOS 10.1.5+ system.  Windows Photoshop surely does not protect the copy.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A bit more background info on the changes.

Since 22.4, if your file contains items that are not preserved in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy command. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

For PDFs, whether the saved PDF will preserve all the file content, depends on options taken after entering the Save process (e.g. Editability, downsampling etc) so for that reason PDF appears in Save a Copy

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines