Photoshop not compatible

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everybody, I have Adobe Creative Cloud - Foto Abo and the photoshop is not working anymore. It says it is not compatible.

Today I have format all my computer - I have MacBook Pro early 2011, OS Sierra, version 10.12.6, 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR 3, ADM Radeon and still nothing. I have downloaded the system for version 10.12 and newer. 

Does anybody know why this happens? Thank you for any tips and help. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop not compatible

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everybody, I have Adobe Creative Cloud - Foto Abo and the photoshop is not working anymore. It says it is not compatible.

Today I have format all my computer - I have MacBook Pro early 2011, OS Sierra, version 10.12.6, 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR 3, ADM Radeon and still nothing. I have downloaded the system for version 10.12 and newer. 

Does anybody know why this happens? Thank you for any tips and help. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you trying to use?  The current version v22 requires MacOS10.14 or later

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements.html

The previous version (v21) requires 10.13 or later. The version before that (v20) was compatible with macOS 10.12

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dave,
Thank you for your answer.
I have the Foto-Abo and I don't know what Photoshop is there included. It
says just Photoshop.
I bought it already year ago or so, it was working, then I didn't use it
for some time. Afterwards it asked for an update and it was compatible.

Have a nice evening,

Katerina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't know what Photoshop is there included."

Can you go to Help > System Information and paste the contents here?

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately if you reformatted your 2011 macbook on Sierra, CC2017 was the last compatible version compatible and is no longer available from Adobe.

You can try to see if you can direct download from here but it will be the base version with no updates available.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html 

There is no guarantee this will work but it's your only avenue now.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 2
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kevin, 

thank you very much for your answer and tip. It did work!!! 

I have now just one more question. I just ordered a new computer (I am currently working on that Mac Book Pro 2011 but ordered iMac 2020) and wanted to know if I can than use Adobe Creative Cloud also there? Would it be then possible to have there the full version with all updates available? 

Thank you very much and have a nice evening. 

Best regards, 

Katerina 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your account allows for two simultaneous logins.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To quote the license terms :

"Your subscription lets you activate the Software on up to two devices (or virtual machines) at a time, however, you may not use the Software on the two devices simultaneously."

Paragraph 1.1 here :  https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/legal/servicetou/Software-Additional-Terms_en_US_2020...

So installing on two machines and using either one at any point in the day is fine.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run both computers simultaneously without issue. Thats an interesting paragraph.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0