Highlighted

Photoshop Not Opening Files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I ran all the updates. Got Photoshop 2021, and Photoshop is not working right. I keep trying to open a JPG or a PSD file. I keep getting this error message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error." Then the Photoshop wouldn't turn off. I kept tying to exit the program, and got the same error message. The only way to turn it off was to end task in task manager. I've rebooted my computer, opened Photoshop back up, and still get the same error message. See screenshot attached. I'm frustrated and on a print deadline. Any suggestions? 

Rather than mess with the graphic processing unit on my computer, I opted to revert to an earlier version of Photoshop. For me, that's 2020. For options, see https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Not Opening Files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I ran all the updates. Got Photoshop 2021, and Photoshop is not working right. I keep trying to open a JPG or a PSD file. I keep getting this error message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error." Then the Photoshop wouldn't turn off. I kept tying to exit the program, and got the same error message. The only way to turn it off was to end task in task manager. I've rebooted my computer, opened Photoshop back up, and still get the same error message. See screenshot attached. I'm frustrated and on a print deadline. Any suggestions? 

Rather than mess with the graphic processing unit on my computer, I opted to revert to an earlier version of Photoshop. For me, that's 2020. For options, see https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after the update. I found a suggestion to turn off the graphic processor and that did allow Photoshop to work if a bit slower than usual.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0