Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not opening PSD files on MacOS BigSur

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've recently updated my mac (both laptop and desktop) and I work on both computers to do my work and utilize the Adobe softwares. Everything has been going fine for a few days until today. I am unable to open any PSD files on photoshop. A notification pops up saying it does not recognize the file I am tryign to open but it is a PSD file. And now there are certain PSD files I cannot open, does anyone know why that is? And how I can open them again because I NEED access to them. I'm sure you understand my stress! Does anyone know how I can open them again or what I should do? Would appreciate any feedback or comments please! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's not a usual experience with Photoshop as you keep getting an error "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file" while trying to open an image. Let us help make this right.

Could you please take a look at the solution mentioned in this documentation https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/troubleshoot-camera-raw-photoshop-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating your Adobe Software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other option would be to downgrade your Camera Raw to 12.4 instead of 13.1.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines