Photoshop not opening video files in v 22.3

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past several weeks, I have been using Photoshop to create simple animated gifs using both video files and animations. I just updated the software to v 22.3 and updated my Mac (MacBook Air M1) to v 11.2.3. Now, out of nowhere, Photoshop will not open a video file? I have tried .mov, MP4, renaming the file, checking my Privacy settings in the Mac, Video Encoding... Nothing works! When I open Photoshop and click the "Open" button or go to "File > Open" every video file on my Mac is grayed out.

Please help!

P.S.- please don't tell me to use a differnt program; I am a teacher and we are already invested in using Photoshop to create the gif files. I will only resort to an alternative if there are no other fixes. Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled the previous version and that worked. Note to anyone else or Adobe engineers- this is a glitch that needs to be addressed!! 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, 'open with Rosetta' works. But there is no point in updating to 22.3 then 😃

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines