• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not opening

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few months I been having problems with my photoshop and for a while there i could just install updates to software/firmware from everything to anything that needed to be updated. However now everything up to date and i can't use photoshop anymore. It was fine yesterday.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Hello, I would first download the creative cloud cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

and run it.

Then reinstall the creative cloud app, and photoshop and let us know how it works from there.

It is still possible to delete the preferences before starting photoshop by holding CMD+OPT+SHIFT as soon as you click on the Ps icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop.

Would you mind going to the Help menu in Photoshop, then System info and sharing the first 15 lines with us here? Do you get any error when you try to launch Photoshop or nothing happens?

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

You may want to backup your actions, brushes, etc. before you reset the preferences. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea i can't open it at all, like no error no nothing. I uninstalled photoshop so i can't reset the preferences because there is none. I don't know what else to do, i tried everything that i could think of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Could you please assist?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.1.0 20201125.r.94 2020/11/25: 4b16c876033 x64 Number of Launches: 19 Operating System: Mac OS 11.0.0 System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading Physical processor count: 2 Logical processor count: 4 Processor speed: 3100 MHz Built-in memory: 8192 MB Free memory: 3536 MB Memory available to Photoshop: 6112 MB Memory used by Photoshop: 75 % ACP.local Status: - SDK Version: 1.34.1 - Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fix, try to open Photoshop then open task manager (Click on the windows icon and type in "task manager") then in task manager it should say Photoshop, simply right click on it and click on end task. Now open photoshop.

I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked for me thank you! It was running in the background processes for me and I clicked on End Task. Opened up fine then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!!! THANKS!!! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to add in a big THANK YOU for that help! I googled that I couldn't open my Photoshop v.25.6; it kept getting stuck at the welcome window. I found this thread and followed your instructions and it opened fine! (It did say that it had stopped running although the program was working fine, lol!)

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop and operating system are you using, also what exactly is the issue you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop v21.0.2 and windows 10

Yea i can't open it at all, like no error no nothing. I uninstalled photoshop so i can't reset the preferences because there is none. I don't know what else to do, i tried everything that i could think of. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to this location

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

pref location.png

and you should see a file called Adobe Photoshop 2020 Prefs.psp delete that and see if you can open PS, if that doesn't help try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would first download the creative cloud cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html 

and run it.

Then reinstall the creative cloud app, and photoshop and let us know how it works from there.

It is still possible to delete the preferences before starting photoshop by holding CMD+OPT+SHIFT as soon as you click on the Ps icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the cleaner and it works. Thanks :3
if anything happens next update i will let you know 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After CC closed my apps and logged me off for the 2nd day in a row, which I wrote about just before this comment, Photoshop won't open now.

Adobe what is going on? It seems everytime there's an update there is a new issue with some or all of the apps. This is serious now. Getting logged off CC then not being able to reopen PS so I can do my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased PS app to use on iPad, then purchased Creative Cloud (which includes PS), when initial subscription to PS ended, PS in Creative Cloud wouldn't work, while all the other apps are working. Help? Pls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still occurring.  The re-download works, but then with each update, the problem is back.  I don't think I should have to wipe the preferences each time in order to get the product to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines