Photoshop Not Opening

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been using Photoshop on my computer for the past week and a half for my art class. Today, I experienced the problem of my Photoshop not wanting to open up AT ALL! I can't even uninstall it because it needs me to open the app to save something in Photoshop. I resetted my computer, checked if it had updates and nothing works! I really need this resolved since my homework depends on it.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Not Opening

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been using Photoshop on my computer for the past week and a half for my art class. Today, I experienced the problem of my Photoshop not wanting to open up AT ALL! I can't even uninstall it because it needs me to open the app to save something in Photoshop. I resetted my computer, checked if it had updates and nothing works! I really need this resolved since my homework depends on it.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop will help us to provide answer. Also which OS and its version is in question?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 2021 and I'm running Windows on my laptop. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and then try reinstall.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2-21 has new  requirements and the are known issues.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ps-desktop 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you give us more information on the version of Photoshop you are using and the features of your computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2021 and my computer is an Acer running Windows. Hope that helps. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today my photoshop and lightroom started as if i had just installed it.

all my settings are gone and only lightroom and camera raw are listed as installed applications in the cloud app.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/just-started-photoshop-and-lightroom-and-they-are-reset-to/...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0