• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not recognizing GPU (Nvidia RTX 2060 Max q) says it's found an error in my display driver

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not recognizing my GPU, and saying it has found an error in the GPU driver.  It instructs me to update or reinstall.

Driver is up-to-date.  When I reinstall the driver it does fix the problem, and photoshop can recognize it again ... that is ... until I close photoshop ... then it reverts ...  GPU error 2021-04-26.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known problem. There are several posts here and in the bug forum.

See here:

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 ... - Adobe Support Community - 11972040

PS can't detect GPU | Adobe Photoshop Family

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes as Trevor said we are a lot with the same issue since the last update so the best option is to get back to a previous version, it works for me and many others.

And waiting for a next version to see if they will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That surprises me, as the pattern with V22.3.1 video card problems has been mainly with older cards. 

What driver version are you using?  Is one of those Game Ready drivers?  I have an RTX2070 and I actually have slightly more functionality V22.3.1 than I did with V22.3.  I was unable to turn on OpenCL with the previous version, and the Drawing mode option was limited to Basic.  You can see that I _seem_ to be able to chose Advanced now, but it will fail back to Basic if I try and do anything with it.

image.png

IIt's intensely frustrating as so many of Photoshops advanced features need the GPU, and are not working for an awful lot of people right now.  If anything, V22.3.1 has made a bad situation worse, and was obviously rushed, so I suspect they won't risk another update until they are sure they have fixed things.  Mean while we have to either roll back, wait for an update, or live with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

in this post "https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/p-graphics-card-not-detected-in-photoshop-22-3-1-on-windows... u can see some new GPUS with this problem. RTX2070, RTX2080, RTX4000 and a lot more.

Felipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines