Highlighted

Photoshop not refreshing screen after a change...

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, Photoshop is not updating image I am working visually properly. For example, if I turn off a layer, the contents of the layer still show. If I move a text layer, the original placement remains, and the new position is also seen. Now, all these "changes" DO update after I close and reopen the file, so the changes ARE being made to the file, but they don't show when I work on a file. I have to close and reopen the file constantly to see the updates.

I've changed the Graphic Processor settings, but it didn't seem to help.

See screenshot image attatched.  The duplicate text is NOT a copied layer, it's not updating the image until I close and reopen the file.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop not refreshing screen after a change...

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, Photoshop is not updating image I am working visually properly. For example, if I turn off a layer, the contents of the layer still show. If I move a text layer, the original placement remains, and the new position is also seen. Now, all these "changes" DO update after I close and reopen the file, so the changes ARE being made to the file, but they don't show when I work on a file. I have to close and reopen the file constantly to see the updates.

I've changed the Graphic Processor settings, but it didn't seem to help.

See screenshot image attatched.  The duplicate text is NOT a copied layer, it's not updating the image until I close and reopen the file.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Performance tab of the Photoshop Preferences is an option for Legacy Compositing. Try changing this. Good luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried that, and it doesn't help.  😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines