• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not starting on a brand new PC - "Could not complete your request because the file..."

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help...

I just got a brand new PC, I installed Windows and all the drivers that I could think of. Then I installed Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, and Lightroom. Lightroom worked with no problems, Illustrator showed an error, but after closing the window it worked as well. Premiere worked but very slow. And Photoshop keeps showing the "Could not complete your request because the file could not be found" box and closes.

I wasn't able to open Photoshop once. I searched all the forums and did all the things that were suggested, updated directx, updated windows, reinstalled windows, tried a different version of windows, removed the preference files, used the adobe cleaner. None of that worked. Sometimes windows is denying me access to system preferences, like partition manager, I'm wondering if it's something with the hard drive? Maybe I don't have enough access and that's why PS cannot "find the file". I'm running out of ideas, please help.

Here are my specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

GoodRam IRDM, DDR4, 32 GB, 3600MHz, CL17

SSD Kingston A2000 1 TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen3 NVMe

Corsair TX650M 650W

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.1110

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still doesn't work. I've tried that before in all possible configurations. As I said in the post I'm running out of ideas, I tried every solution that people suggest online. I think solving the issue here might take more than simply reinstalling Photoshop. Do you think it might be a hardware or driver problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines