Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not Syncing back to LR Desktop

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

due to the lack of Harddrive storage on my new Mac, I have been trying to find a new Photo editing workflow. The ideal solution for me was to use Lightroom Desktop (not classic), have everything synced with the cloud and then use Photoshop for more refined edits (and camera raw if needed).

Workflow: Import to Lightroom -> do some Raw development -> open in Photoshop from Lightroom -> refined edits -> save -> have Photoshop edits synced back to LR with the edits in a new TIF file.

The issue: 

This worked just fine in my test, where I only did some basic edits in PS. But once I did a bit more with multiple layers and such I hit save just like I did in my test.

Now Photoshop didn't just save the file and send me back to LR but a window popped up (TIFF options) in which PS asked me how I want to compress the file. I clicked the "no compression" box and hoped that it would sync back to LR which it didn't.

I really tried hard to find an answer here but PS synching problem keywords seem to be quite overloaded so I couldn'd find that exact issue. 

Thanks in advance for your advice!

(I already fear that it's a nooby question. I just learned Photoshop and haven't bothered much with different save and export settings yet)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Curious why you're trying to save as a Tiff? Or, is that something that's just happening without you controlling it. If that's the case, please try to check your save options out of Photoshop, and make sure you're saving as a PSD file. Then, check to see if the problem persists.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for the reply.

So when the saving back to lightroom works, it actually is saving as a tif file. Without even asking me in which format I'd like to save it.

It only asks me for the format if the Photoshop edit exceeds a certain complexity (or file size?).

I chose tif because I knew thats whats being used when it actually works. 

I also tried to save it as PSD but I didn't sync back to lightroom desktop either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines