Highlighted

Photoshop not working due to "Scratch disk is full" even when I have 50GB disk space is available

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 50GB of storage space available on my system. Still photoshop isn't working and says "Scratch disk is full". Pls help I am using Photoshop 2020 v21.2.2

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop not working due to "Scratch disk is full" even when I have 50GB disk space is available

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 50GB of storage space available on my system. Still photoshop isn't working and says "Scratch disk is full". Pls help I am using Photoshop 2020 v21.2.2

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exactly do you get the message?

• when starting Phothop app from its icon (no image)?
  • when starting a NEW image?
  • when opening any file?
  • when opening some files?
  • when importing?
  • when in the middle of editing?
  • something else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
D_Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be available on your system, but not available to Photoshop. Check under PS Preferences > Scratch disk, and make sure it's active and checked in the list.

External drives may not be usable if they're not formatted correctly. For instance, exFAT will not work under MacOS Catalina.

All that said, 50 GB isn't much and you should get more. For most of us, 500 GB is considered minimum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines