• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP NOTES TOOL NOT WORKING

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's upgrade the Notes tool in Photoshop doesn't seem to be working as before. The N shortcut doesn't create a new noe, I can't drag existing notes to new positions, I have to select the notes tool icon to then right click and open a note rather than just double clicking it. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working here on PS21.2 and Windows 10 1909.

Shortcut is I (as it was in the last version). No issues dragging notes around or clicking to open.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working here on mac Catalina 10.15.3 , Photoshop 2020 ( 21.2.0)

Did you customized the shortcut for the note tool in the previous version ( from I to N ) ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm on Catalina 10.15.5 I didn't customize any shortcut but I can see now that I shortcut creates  a note. However I still cant move any notes around using the mouse or move tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread when looking for a solution for this same problem then finally realized with more experimenting, I could in fact move the Notes. Not sure if this changed in a recent version but it seems different. Maybe this will help;
With the Notes tool selected, hover over the Note you wish to move and the cursor is the Note icon UNTIL I hover over the upper left corner. The cursor changes to an arrow and I am then able to click and drag the note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt

thanks for your reply. I too have been experimenting and found how to open and move notes. It seems to be quite different from my previous version of Photoshop where the default short cut was N and you could move a note by clikcing anywhere on.

thanks again

Jez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man I was going crazy.

I still prefer the previous behaviour though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had same issues.  I definitely prefer the way notes were managed before.  I can add, move and edit notes, but I often end up creating a new note in the process.  Plus an empty note often stays open when I close a project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS 23.0.1. Opening a PSD with existing notes.

Notes in a PSD do not load their content automatically (although it can be seen on the canvas) and do not show content in Notes Window. I have to create another note with the Note (I) tool in order for the saved notes to appear.

The Notes window shows "Click a note to view or edit" (doesn't load any saved notes). My question is, with what? Using the Note (I) tool will not select an existing note.

(Update: the cursor changes only when hovering over the top left corner of a note icon. The icon being about 40x40, only the top left 20x20 will be clickable. Intentional? Also, the 20x20 area can be used to move the note.)

Also, sometimes pressing backspace on the keyboard deletes layers or other times asks if I want to delete the note. Even after clicking into the Note Window. I had to draft my note in a separate program then paste it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, I can't make the Burn tool work as expected. I went through many of the "tools don't work!" posts here but I couldn't find mention of my particular issue: I don't know when it started or why, but if I try to use the Burn tool on an area in a drawing (my usual subject matter), rather than darkening the dark lines or areas I move it over, it acts like a hard-edged paint brush and draws a swath of dark, transparent color wherever I drag the Burn tool. I've included a screenshot of the same area with that swath of dark color next to the same area with a close approximation of what I am used to and hoping to get. I don't use masks, I don't mess around with layer subtleties. I have trashed the prefs numerous times to change this behavior, and none of that worked. I'm on an old Mac Pro, running Mojave. 48GB RAM, plenty of scratch disc space, and I am using PS 22.5.1 . Any help will be appreciated.Thumbs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@birckcmi Check the options bar- are you working on Highlights, if so set it to midtones /shadows. If that does not resolve your issue then start a new thread - you have added your issue on the end of an unrelated conversation about Photoshop Notes.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davescm, Thank you. That solved the problem. I never adjusted those tools with the options bar previously, so the culprit is my own ignorance. And I wound up posting the request for help where I did because I was having trouble posting it anywhere else. I will retreat to go over the instructions for posting in the forums. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - glad to help 🙂

If you need to create a new thread at some point, just go to the top of the screen and click on Adobe Support Community. Then choose the forum in which you will post, e.g. Photoshop then you should see a Blue "Post to Community" button.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines