• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Objects/Layers stick to move tool on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a recurring issue. During what seems like a random amount of time, whenever I select something with the move tool (layer) or even when I select a layer in the layer palette, it gets "stuck" to the cursor and won't let go. Only after typing command period does it let go. It just keeps doing that until it randomly stops doing so or I restart the computer. I've even had it happen in illustrator. I am using a Wacom 24HD Cintiq with a 2017 Macbook pro 15 inch, but it happens whether I use the track pad, the wireless mouse or the Cintiq Wacom Pen. I've trashed preferences to no avail.

I am using 10.15.4 Mac OS. PS is up to date. So are my Wacom Drivers.

Thank you

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the Wacom pen gets stuck in Photoshop when you're using the Move Tool. As you've already tried restoring the preferences of Photoshop.

Could you try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, would you mind enabling the root user on macOS and test Photoshop on the root user account?
Please check these steps to enable the root user: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Disabling that isn't an option as there are a lot of things I use that require it. Like rotating the screen while I'm drawing.

I have discovered a quick, easy temp fix that has been successful. When it sticks, if I left click with mouse, or use the left click button on the Wacom pen, it immediately lets go.

Better then restarting!

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face the same problems on a Cintq and an Intuos tablet. When I unable the cpu use then I can't use liquify tool. So had to reset it again to use the CPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winmm, which version of Photoshop, is it updated to 21.1.2?
Is it on Catalina as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update always immediatly so both are the latest versions.  My only screen on the nac pro is the wacom.  Normally i dont have the mouse connected. When I loose the contact with the Wacom pen I connect the mouse and then the pen will  work again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you try 21.1.3?

If it does not work, I'd create a thread and providing lots of details about your setup, the tablet driver version, etc. in the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue and interested if it's been permanently resolved for you?   I'm on Catalina 10.15 and using a wacom intuos pro. However, even when I unplug the wacom, the layers just stick to the mouse curser. What can I try please?  I did the latest update to Photoshop today hoping it'd fix the issue, but nope.
Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The only thing which will help is to close down te computer and start it again, for a short time the problem will stay away….
Sometimes it's back quite fas,t other times it takes some time longer. Its not only the layers in Photoshop which will stick but also the mails and program icons and more..

It is a hell to contact Wacom. bad Service and the will let you de-install their drivers and make a clean install but that doesn’t fix the problem.

I think the problem sticks somewhere in Adobe or Apple drivers. I hope dat Adobe will contact Apple and Wacom to solve the problem but for us as an end-user there is not much to expect.

Regards,

Wim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the update notes list a snapping issue for 21.2, I suggest to update to 21.2.1 for additional fixes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines