• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop on mac m1

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I just acquired a Mac mini M1 and as an Adobe cc customer, I wanted to install the native arm version on it.

When I go to my Adobe cc profile and download the installer, it says that I will need Rosetta.

If the native arm version exists and is out, how can I get it ? 

I thought it would detect my hardware and offer it naturally ?

English is not my native sorry, and thanks for the answers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

It is possible too that the installer isn't M1 and runs in Rosetta. Which is fine, all you need to care about is that Photoshop is M1 (which it is). 

So you may get this warning often, perhaps from the installers that are not M1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 support IS out for Photoshop. You should be able to get it via the Creative Cloud app. You may need to log out then back in again (or reboot) to 'force' this app to see the update but it exists. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. I never installed any cc product on this Mac. So I must install via regular install and Rosetta then upgrade it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is Creative Cloud and this how you install all your Subscriptions. I don't have an M1 so it doesn't show exactly as you may see it but you're looking for:

CC.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and the CC application is apparently not yet M1 so perhaps the message you're getting is about that, not Photoshop which IS M1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks a lot for the answer.

The M1 is clean from any Adobe cc install, cause I just bought it.

I Was choosing PS cause I read there is a native M1 version.

When I want to do the install from my Adobe cc page ( I have the year abonnement) It download the installer. Which says : you have to install Rosetta, which means it is not the arm version.

I will install Rosetta to be able to use illustrator aswell but I was hoping to have clean PS arm native install.

If it requires an update to convert in M1 then it's ok, I will try in few hours, just a bit disappointed.

Other than that, M1 is impressive on regular apple apps so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible too that the installer isn't M1 and runs in Rosetta. Which is fine, all you need to care about is that Photoshop is M1 (which it is). 

So you may get this warning often, perhaps from the installers that are not M1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was exactly this.

I needed the x86 adobe cc installer which was indeed not m1 arm

Then Ps arm was installed automatically. And it works really fine, the diff with Ai is huge, i cant wait for the whole adobe cc optimized for Arm M1.

Thanks a lot for your patience and you answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just bought a new macbook pro running Monterey 12.4 with the M1Pro. I tried opening photoshop with (intel) instead, and the app is still unbelievably lathargic. Is there anything else I can do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines