Highlighted

Photoshop open file dialog cannot find any file on my Mac Book

Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last upgrade in PS CC 2019 the open file command only shows a folder with an arrow pointing down in the lower Right corner, and there are no files to be found, (see image below). Where as on my mac that folder is full of openable files. I can drag & drop them into the home page of PS and they will open. But once in the program open file is blind to anything on my mac. I dont use the cloud as often there is no internet service where i am working. How can I switch the default to open files on my mac?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear about this, would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop and the macOS version you're working with?

If you're on macOS Catalina, then try the steps mentioned below and let us know how it goes:

• Go to the "System Preferences" of your Mac, then "Security and Privacy" and select the "Privacy tab".
  • Once there, please select "Accessibility" from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon on the bottom left.
  • Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under "Full disk access".
  • Once done, restart the computer and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop open file dialog cannot find any file on my Mac Book

Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last upgrade in PS CC 2019 the open file command only shows a folder with an arrow pointing down in the lower Right corner, and there are no files to be found, (see image below). Where as on my mac that folder is full of openable files. I can drag & drop them into the home page of PS and they will open. But once in the program open file is blind to anything on my mac. I dont use the cloud as often there is no internet service where i am working. How can I switch the default to open files on my mac?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear about this, would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop and the macOS version you're working with?

If you're on macOS Catalina, then try the steps mentioned below and let us know how it goes:

• Go to the "System Preferences" of your Mac, then "Security and Privacy" and select the "Privacy tab".
  • Once there, please select "Accessibility" from the list on the left and add Photoshop to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon on the bottom left.

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the perfect answer. The Open File Dialog works and now it finds all my files!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines