• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop opening but nothing working

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open photoshop but can't open any documents/images or create new. I can open or create new the first time when restarting my computer but once doing this I can't use any tools or edit within the document. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled with the same issue that I can use when first opened then nothing. 

There are no error messages.

I'm using: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265 2020/07/16: 2b9692040b x64
Number of Launches: 5
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.959 

CPU Intel Core i5

GPU Nvidia GTX 1650

RAM 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz (2x 8GB)

I attempted deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" and also selecting Use Legacy "New Document" Interface option and this didn't help. 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So sorry to hear that you are having this issue. When you deselected "Use Graphics Processor" did you restart Photoshop?

Let us know,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle, yes I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen,

I am not a Windows user, and I know there are some really good ACPs who are, and hopefully they will pick up on this thread and give you some better advice than I can.

But I did take a look on the internet and found an article that was dated back in April of this year. I am not sure if it will help, but I thought I would post it to see if any of these symtoms souned like what you're going through:

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-photoshop-being-unable-to-create-new-files-or-open-existing-ones/

Let us know if any of these help.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines