• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop opens to black screen

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent so long trying to work this out. Every time I open photoshop it comes up with a black screen. I uninstalled photoshop gone through all the help tabs. Turned off UGP  but nothing is working even when managing to open a file I already have it won't save the project.

Someone help me!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is showing a black screen whenever you launch the app.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your OS?

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the UXP folder, even when using the search bar. It's not under the Adobe folder I found. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which platform? Which OS and which version of OS and Photoshop?

I am checking on Windows 10 with latest Photoshop installed and everything looks good, as described, it is not difficult to find folder.

uxp folder windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook pro with the latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling UXP folder doesn't fix it. On both my 15 inch and 16 inch MacBook Pros there are two solutions:

1. Disable GPU support in Photoshop

2. Disable macOS System Setting for 'Automatic Graphic switching'

Choosing either one of above fixes it for me, which suggests it's related to the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried both already and when reopening photoshop the screen is still black. Honestly, this is making no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines