Highlighted

Photoshop paste in place not working

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 21.1.2

Whenever I try to copy and paste in place (shift+command+v) anything that overlaps with or runs off the edge of my canvas/ artboard, the paste in place doesn't work, it ends up shifting the layer or object so it doesn't touch the edge instead of going where I want it to go.

According to other forums I read this bug should have been fixed, so what on earth is going on?

Please help.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop paste in place not working

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 21.1.2

Whenever I try to copy and paste in place (shift+command+v) anything that overlaps with or runs off the edge of my canvas/ artboard, the paste in place doesn't work, it ends up shifting the layer or object so it doesn't touch the edge instead of going where I want it to go.

According to other forums I read this bug should have been fixed, so what on earth is going on?

Please help.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 2
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm running an action I purchased that used to work well, but now stopes at "Paste"... wrecks the whole action... 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
R3DSH1FT LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, almost four months later. I'm pasting SHIFT CMD V from one artboard to another over a specific layer but Adobe can't handle it. It's 2020 and I can't paste in place from one artboard to the other. Sometimes it works only if I select the artboard not the specific layer I want it to be at, other times not at all. Why?! Sketch does this no problem! I feel like I'm paying monthly for a never ending Beta.

It seems like Photoshop software is corrupting the memory of where the layers where in relation to the artboard. I was just pasting in place and nothing was showing up when I realized it wasn't even pasting into the right arboard. Odd because I definitely have a specific layer of the other artboard selected. Also, it worked one time for me and since then I can't get it to paste in place. Even when I drag its layer to the correct artboard, it shows up in the center of the artboard not in the position that should have been saved. Re-copying the right placement of the layer doesn't do anything, it now continuely pastes to the other artboard, which I then must drag to the correct and then drag and align, pixel by pixel. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0