Highlighted

Photoshop patch tool works wierd

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to remove all the photoshop setting but it still happens, patch tool blends, or adds some light pattern on selection.

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Nika. | Community Beginner

can I somehow use patch tool without that seamless blending? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop patch tool works wierd

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to remove all the photoshop setting but it still happens, patch tool blends, or adds some light pattern on selection.

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Nika. | Community Beginner

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not sure if you are using the right tool for the job, The patch tool you are using is with the healing tools and is used as such and tries to "blend" the selection seamlessly hence the value slide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if what you want to do is move/duplicate something you can use the lasso tool to create a selection to copy to a new layer or use the stamp tool painting on a new layer. Is that what you are trying to do or what exactly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Nika. LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, It works as it supposed to, I just thought patch tool should only replace selected area with new position, didn't know that it tries to change colors to make seamless blending. Thank you for responce

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0