• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Pen Pressure Issue

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently gotten photoshop to color scanned in line art and while drawing, I noticed the lack of line variation. So went to check to turn on pen preasure but when I did, a warning icon appeared next to it. Any ideas as to what this means and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry to hear about the pen pressure issue with Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Could you please have a look at this article and see if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Photoshop open a document and select the brush tool it is normal to see that warning triangle in Brush Tool setting to the left of Control: Pen Pressure till you use your Pen

image.pngimage.png

You should be able to use your Pen and that warning should go away and the brush stroke preview should show tip size tapering.  If the warning triangle does not go away check that You Photoshop Version and you pen device driver is configured correctly and use the same Interface API.  I use Windows and New and Old version of Photoshop.  Old Version of Photoshop only have WinTab API support for pen support.  So I configure my Wacom Tablet to use WinTab API with Photoshop and to use Windows INK API for all other Applications.   And I Configure  Photoshop CC Versions  To use WinTab API not windows INK vias PsUserConfig.txt in my userid Photoshop preferences folders.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version for Photoshop is version 21.0.3

And as for the link, I'm confused as to what WinTab driver is.

I probably shoudl've explained this in the question but the tablet I'm using the XP Pen Artist 12 Pro and the driver is called PenTablet.

So should I do the same with the PenTablet like what I would do with the WinTab as detailed in the instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows?  Photoshop 2020 will use Windows INK  API for Pen support by default. I would also think that your XP Pen Artist 12 device driver would also use Window INK api by default. Check the XP Pen Artist 12  documentation.   

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me or link me on how to check the documentation? And the interface? I'm sorry, I'm not that good with computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find that specific model at XP Pen? Is it part of the Artist Display series? In any case, direct link to downloads (stuff like manuals, that kind of thing):

https://www.xp-pen.com/download/index

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was thinking.  I would check the tablet driver and make sure that's up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The driver that I'm using is the most current one. And I just noticed something I just noticed now. At the bottom left hand corner of the window, there's an unmarked check mark box that says Windows Ink. Will checking that off make any difference or fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That should do it Photoshop CC uses INK API by default.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover over the warning icon - what does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines