• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop pen tool drawing points not paths

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop pen tool is drawing points but not paths. PS V22.3.0. If I add a new path and then use the pen tool to try and create the path, the tool creates the points but not the paths between the points. My workaround is to convert the pen tool from path to shape and use the shape to make my selection but this is not ideal. A quit restart did not help.

Anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I've exactly the same problem, too. My workaround: don't click anything in the path panel, instead start with an working path, naming it after you are ready with it. So, you don't have to work with the shape tool. BTW Illustrator doesn't work anymore with my windows systeme, but this another problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip 👍. Not sure what the folks at Adobe are up to, I've been having problems across most my apps over the last couple of weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way to work-around this is to maintain a Work Path while working on the named Paths. 

The Bug has been acknowledged: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines