• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Plugins not appearing after installation

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept both PhSh 2020 and 2021 on my machine for plugin compatibility reasons. I added new plugins to 2021 and they would not appear where expected. I chatted with Adobe support and a tech removed 2020 against my explicit instruction. 2021 still doesn't display all new plugins. A) is there a workaround? B) is there a way to reload 2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check plugin website also if they are supported by 2020 or 2021 version there might be some update....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The plugins were retrieved from the Creative Cloud plugin distribution pages. Tried install, uninstall several times. Still, one refuses to show itself. Any thoughts on the reinstallation of PhSh 2020. A valued third party extension does NOT work with 2021 and the well-meaning Adobe tech deleted it against my wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have extensions from CC Exchange, did you tried to contact developer and ask about compatibility and help. I am one of the publishers on Creative Cloud Exchange and many buyers have contacted me with positive outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Again, I have reached out to the developer. I am sorry to say that this has shaken my confidence in the Exchange, though. It has also shaken my confidence in Adobe. Support on the front lines created more problems than it solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lambiloon, I am thinking that I appreciate your suggestion, but you in no way offered an answer, let alone a correct answer. I feel as though my issue has been "checked-off" without a resolution and you've declared it a "correct answer." That will still take some effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reinstalling the previous version i.e. 2020 see the following article

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. On top of the 2.5 hours that I invested in resolving the problem, I am glad to know that there is at least a way to reinstall that which was removed against my wishes. I look forward to scheduling more time to correct the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached out to the developer. This add-on, extension, plugin was available on the Adobe exchange. I had a reasonable expectation that it was vetted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe products work correctly, they are wonderful. Now let's talk about Creative Cloud, it's the "hook" that we've been seeing on the horizon for a decade. We are tethered to incessant updates that provide questionably useful features and a lagging UI that interrupts the workflow of most experienced users. As for service? Forget about it. Calls and chat are routed out of the country with little responsibility for solving problems. A chat rep. named Anubhav Khyan removed software against my express wishes and the support group "professionals" give advice but not solutions and mark the thread "solved." With great power comes great responsibility, and Adobe is becoming less and less responsive to its base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jsoard,

I feel your frustration with the experience you had. I would like to let you know that this forum is a peer to peer forum with just occasional visits by Adobe employees, so your suggestions about the quality of support or complete lack of it would not cut much ice here.

You had two questions, one about reinstalling the older version, that has a defined answer so we as co-users of the software just like you were able to help with a proper answer. For the second question about plugin loading, there are a number of moving pieces in such a scenario, and the person who developed the plugin is the best person who can resolve such a situation unless it's something on the platform itself in which case it will be the Adobe tech guys who would be able to help. In such a case other users like us can only give suggestions like we have been doing, I hope you now understand that we can not provide a definitive answer to your second question as we are not privy to the whole information(for ex:- the code, the project settings, etc which only the plugin developer can look and test).

P.S.:- I concur with you that marking an answer without waiting for the original poster to provide a response on the answer is not right, but it's very unlikely that the person posting the answer would mark his own answer as correct.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate all the available bright minds to solve what should be a simple problem and became an issue because of lack of support. I have to agree to disagree. I was looking for peer-to-peer dialogue to find answers that Adobe support did not provide. I am smiling a bit when you mention cutting ice, the only responses to my post have been from Adobe Community Professionals and as professionals, I have a reasonable expectation that the responder will take ownership of the problem presented to completion. 

Again, I want to thanks everyone that entered into this discussion. I understand the frustration of supplying remote support with varying levels of user experience. Still, I am walking away from our forum with the understanding that the support team is as mystified by the products on the exchange as users are. There is not even a mechanism for reporting problem plugins or a consistent method of locating plugins inside Photoshop. The chat supporter that removed software against my wishes is still an experience that will linger in my memory as I look for answers alone or with online resources outside of the Adobe system. — Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines