• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Plugins not being able to send apple events

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Adobe plugins for Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (2020 & 2021). The functionality of the plugins is the same for all the applications and they use Apple Events to send/receive events from one of our applications. On Mojave and Catalina there is a security prompt when the plugin first tries to send the Apple Events (if required we can share the logs, please let us know on this).

When the Indesign and Illustrator plugins load and send Apple Events this prompt is shown and when allowed the plugins are able to send and receive Apple Events. But on photoshop 2020 this prompt is never shown and the plugin is never able to send Apple Events.

I have tried to save the logs and the TCC on Catalina shows that there may be a plist Property missing in Photoshop (NSAppleEventsUsageDescription)

"tccd target_executable_path_URL: file:///Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020

error 13:03:48.387476+0530 tccd Refusing TCCAccessRequestIndirect for service kTCCServiceAppleEvents and client /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Adobe Photoshop 2020.app[0] without NSAppleEventsUsageDescription key"

Please let me know a way out. All the plugins have the same configuration and plist files. I think there is some config missing in the

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?