First of all, the specifications of my computer are as follows:

GPU

XFX AMD Radeon ™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 THICC II Ultra

CPU

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 X 12 Core @ 3.70 GHz

RAM

(4x8gb) 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RED 3200 mhz

The problems are as follows:

When using the free transform tool (ctrl + t) and scaling on some shaded vector graphics in illustrator smart object format, the scaling is extremely laggy

When typing text it also gets very laggy sometimes, but most of the time this happens when I use the backspace and try to delete characters, sometimes I have to press backspace like 10 times for it to delete a single text character

And always when dragging most of the elements within a photoshop project, I notice a considerable lack of performance, when dragging I notice a small stutter

I consider that I have sufficiently powerful hardware so that these performance problems do not occur

I want to note that I previously worked with a GTX 1050, and with the nvidia studio drivers the performance was phenomenal, even with lower-end global hardware, such as a ryzen 5, 8gb of ram and only a hdd hard drive.

So this makes me suspect the problems I have are directly related to the compatibility of the amd gpu with adobe photoshop.

Does anyone know if AMD has any settings similar to the nvidia studio drivers or is there anything I can do to improve performance with my current hardware?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS: I already tried everything on preferences - performance tab

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines