• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop printer paper choise

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When photo ready in LR  I install for printing my ICC profile for that kind of photopaper. In this case FineArtPearl fro Hahnemuehle. Next step is to assign MATTE or GLOSS but cannot assign another.

My question what to choose for this type f paper (Pearl). Of course I can make two print and compare but like to know the best choise form your experiences.

Thanks, Wil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you already suggested, if you do not have information on printer driver settings, you will have to make a test using the available media type options. 

Strictly, to work correctly, the icc profile you have [from Hahnemuehle] must be used with the same media option selected as the one that was used when originally printing the icc profile characterisation patchset. These patches are what the profile was built from. 

What I mean is that the icc profile describes the printer behaviour thus:-

1: on a specific paper stock

2: with certain printer driver settings such as media type, resolution etc.

3: with a certain inkset, I'm sure Hahnemuehle will profile using the standard manufacturer's inkset.

The supplier of the icc profile must provide you with the information on driver settings they used - otherwise extensive testing of those settings will be needed. That's crazy because they surely know what they did.

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines