• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop printing background color on all prints that should have no/white background

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having trouble printing photoshop documents.  The background is white or clear yet every time i print, it prints a gray box encompassing the entire image size.  It is not visible on screen so I am assuming it is a printer/printing setting.  I am also sure it is within photoshop because when I save it as a pdf and open in Adobe to print, it does not print the colored background.  I've tried so many things to remedy this...all to no avail.  Please help?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Photoshop printing a gray box around my image. It started when I updated to Photoshop 2021. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi are there any solutions to this? Im using a hippoo ET2850 icc profile, and every image prints with grey backgrounds, i've burnt through so much ink and paper seeking resoltion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an Absolute Colorimetric rendering intent or a print setting which uses a softproof  setting to simulate paper colour?

Screenshots of any ICC profile or other colour settings in the print window would be helpful to try to help determine the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolute colorimetric is what I was going to suggest too. It does not remap the white point, so it will sometimes do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Stephen_A_Marsh and @D Fosse Absolute Colorimetric rendering could be the issue. It imposes the white point of the image's ICC profile - is that a CMYK profile? As Stephen suggested, please screenshot your print settings dialog boxes (just the boxes not the entire screen) - both the Photoshop one and those in the printed driver accessed via "print settings" - you can insert those pics into the conversation using the image icon atop the reply window. (looks like mountains) 

neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the screen dump, hoping heren lies some clues.
These settings have been what was advised on a youtube tutorial, for the same printer, paper and ink, but demonstrated on a mac in the video. I cannot confirm what version of PS they were using though. I've trawled through various other sites with reports of the same problem, and tried their solution settings to no avail. Lost a quarter tank of ink in the process!!

Fiona30805994bo19_1-1692091535447.pngFiona30805994bo19_2-1692091561716.pngFiona30805994bo19_3-1692091613365.pngFiona30805994bo19_4-1692091655087.png

Fiona30805994bo19_5-1692091840951.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, also only with photoshop and with Hippoo ink and Hippoo paper. I'm using the same settings that you have in your screenshots. Did you ever figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@default1u82fld4vzsz I think we have to suspect the ICC profile. Is "ET2850" definitely a Hippoo profile? That's not a great naming strategy from the profile creator, as it's hard to be sure!

1: open your image file and use the eyedropper to sample the background white - is it white (RGB 000)?

2: go to edit/convert to profile and convert your file to the printer's colourspace using its ICC profile. 

3: use the eyedropper to sample the background white - is it white (RGB 0,0,0)?

IF 3: gives a non white background area then the ICC profile is causing your issue. 

please let us know

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines